- All-new chassis features larger front window opening for improved forward traction
- All-new chassis with unique, innovative front flex adjustment using a removable aluminum brace. Using the aluminum brace increases steering response and cornering speed; without the aluminum brace, the car is easier to drive.
- All-new adjustable weight position on both sides of the chassis for quick & easy weight balance adjustment
- All-new rear layshaft bulkheads allow use of bracket bushings to connect the layshaft bulkheads with rear bulkheads to reinforce the entire rear suspension, giving improved handling especially in high-traction conditions. Without the bracket bushings, the car has more traction; recommended for low-traction conditions. The new bulkhead design also allows installation of a top graphite brace.
- All-new rear aluminum bulkheads
- All-new graphite brace for rear layshaft is part of the rear suspension Multi-Flex™ Technology
- All-new graphite holders for rear upper arm have new positions – lower & more inside – for increased traction and improved durability
- All-new rear aluminum suspension holders have new position for the rear arms – more inside – for increased traction
- All-new steel extensions for suspension arms have a new position to work better with new rear aluminum suspension holders
- Developed, designed, and styled by Martin Hudy, manufactured exclusively by XRAY in Europe in the world's most sophisticated RC manufacturing facility
- Pure racing design, premium luxury quality, highest performance
- Premium, exclusive, and high-tech materials used throughout
- Unique, super-strong composite materials with XRAY's self-developed secret compound mixtures for suspension and drivetrain parts
- Super-low CG 1/8 on-road car platform
- Easy-access to drivetrain parts for super-quick rebuilds and set-up changes
- Chassis openings machined at front & rear of chassis for additional weights
- Chassis design with larger opening window under front suspension for better forward traction
- Chassis design allows to mount front chassis brace into the chassis to reinforce the front flex for better steering response
- Aluminum main frame & backbone
- Rear layshaft bulkheads allows to mount the shim which connects the layshaft bulkheads with rear bulkheads which reinforces the whole rear suspension for improved steering and rotation in high traction conditions
- High-precision CNC-machined aluminum bulkheads, suspension holders, and chassis
- Light & strong support framework with maximum flex characteristics for increased traction
- CNC-machined 5mm Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum chassis
- Super-narrow chassis increases chassis flex, generates more traction and steering
- Smooth chassis underside with countersunk fasteners, chamfered edges to prevent contact during cornering
- Special chassis openings machined at front & rear of chassis for additional weights
- Strategic chassis cut outs for optimized flex characteristics, centric engine mount holes for improved flex
- Centerline chassis holes are pre-drilled for easy balancing with the HUDY Chassis Balancing Tool #107880.
- CNC-machined Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum bulkheads provide improved stiffness & flex characteristics for better steering characteristics, give easy access to all parts. Integrated front & rear belt tension adjustment. Incorporated muffler mount in left front bulkhead eliminates negative flex influence.
- Aluminum front & rear upper clamps, designed to fit aluminum bulkheads. Front clamps hold the front shock tower, front upper arm mount; rear clamps hold rear shock tower, graphite upper arm holders.
- Aluminum front upper arm holders designed to work with the aluminum bulkheads, and provide optimal flex adjustment. Easy position adjustment for increased caster angle and improved cornering speed.
- Aluminum middle shaft holder designed to work with aluminum bulkheads, acts as belt tensioner for the front & side belts.
- CNC-machined 2.5mm graphite radio plate. Quick & easy removal for servicing and cleaning.
- Radio plate flex is adjusted independently from chassis flex, using either fixed or flex bushing.
- Radio plate alum mounts are designed to fit into the aluminum frame. Lightweight mounts give improved flex characteristics and durability.
- Low-profile 125cc fuel tank gives for improved fuel movement, ensuring more stable & consistent engine operation at lower fuel levels. Hypertonic tank lid and internal stone-type filter is positioned in the center of the car and sits as low as possible
- fuel tank mounting atop the radio plate on alum posts with rubber grommets for easy insertion & removal from the car, allows easy cleaning and maintenance
- Original XRAY fuel tank uses the well-proven leak-free, super-durable cap from the NT1
- Low-CG battery pack holder located beneath the fuel tank. Optional graphite with integrated Multi-Flex Technology™ functionality. Optional brass battery holder adds weight to the bottom of the car.
- Unique compact lightweight radio case with clean design and internal layout for receiver and optional on-off switch
- Advanced suspension geometry precision engineered and finely tuned for high-competition racing
- Lightweight, durable, and reinforced suspension parts molded from XRAY's self-developed composite mixture for suspension parts. Each suspension part is molded from a high-tech composite that is specially formulated for the particular part.
- CNC-machined Swiss 7075 T6 front & rear suspension holders, fully independent from the bulkheads, mounted directly to the chassis to increase traction and make the car easier to drive.
- Rear upper arm holders, machined from 3.5mm graphite material for optimized flex characteristics.
- Highly-polished, high-tensile steel suspension pivot pins give smooth suspension action, feature machined groove for better affixing by setscrew
- I.S.S. (Integrated Suspension Settings™) for fully integrated adjustment possibilities.
- Full suspension adjustment via square eccentric bushings in front upper and rear upper/lower bulkheads.
- Tiny, tough steering blocks made from special composite mixture have 0° kingpin (+1° and -1° kingpin steering blocks optionally available). Accommodates graphite aerodynamic disks.
- Aluminum steering block extensions with three Ackermann positions are mounted to the steering blocks with two screws
- Small, robust rear uprights feature two easily-adjustable upper roll center positions for traction adjustment. Uprights feature two body mounting adjustment positions to use different body types. Accommodates graphite aerodynamic disks.
- Concentric & eccentric bushings in front steering blocks & rear uprights allow easy adjustment of roll center, caster, wheelbase, and axle height
- Easily-adjustable wheelbase & weight balance and caster adjustment via positioning clips
- Choice of front anti-roll bar systems: wire or blade-type (both included)
- Front and rear wire anti-roll bars supported by ball-bearings
- Both front wire and blade anti-roll bars included in the kit
- Optional front & rear anti-roll bar wires available for fine tuning
- Premium Hudy Spring Steel™ adjustable turnbuckles with stiff core
- Precision-ground steel pivot balls included for robustness and enhanced lifespan; optional lightweight aluminum and titanium pivot balls available
- Strong M10 composite nuts for minimal weight and smooth pivot ball movement
- Front steering block & rear uprights feature concentric and eccentric bushings which allow roll center adjustment as well as positive caster adjustment in front. Rear upright eccentric bushings allow independent wheelbase & axle height adjustment.
Engine & Clutch
- Quick-set aluminum engine mount system with fixed engine position for super-easy engine installation and gear mesh adjustment
- Easily-adjustable 3-shoe XCA (XRAY Centrifugal-axial) clutch with 4-bearing clutchbell for superior durability, smooth & fast acceleration, increased clutch shoe lifespan
- Clutchbell, clutch nut, flywheel nut, thrustbearing collar manufactured from special HUDY Spring Steel™ for maximum lifespan and durability
- Hardcoated flywheel, clutch dis, spring cup manufactured from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum
- Clutchbell / pinion gear construction allows super-precise assembly
- Swiss 7075 T6 machined pinion gears, specially designed for 1/8 on-road, for greatly improved strength and durability. Pinion gear teeth are individually machined on a high-precision gear production machine; special hardcoating ensures maximum life
- Carbide axial thrust-bearing and high-tensile spring
- Small diameter alu flywheel improves the engine bottom power and acceleration
- Strong, highly-efficient brake system
- Laser-cut, precision flat-ground ventilated steel brake disk with extra-deep machined grooves for light weight and exceptional heat dissipation, maximum braking efficiency and super-smooth braking action; strategically-placed ventilation holes ensure minimal brake pad wear and super-true, wobble-free rotation
- Brake disk and brake backing pads are heat-treated for maximum performance and lifespan
- Special return softer springs ensure proper gap between brake pads
- CNC-machined steel brake cam is ball-bearing supported for super smoothness and precise brake control
- Smooth and efficient 1/8 on-road drivetrain
- Ultra-smooth, highly-efficient belt/pulley drivetrain with super-low rotating mass
- Front middle shaft holder offers easy front belt & pulley access and easier maintenance
- Exclusive use of HUDY Spring Steel™ in drivetrain parts gives highest performance and unmatched lifespan
- High-performance HUDY Spring Steel™ front CVD drive shafts; rear dogbone-style HUDY Spring Steel™ drive shafts
- Super-lightweight wheel axles & axle outdrives are CNC-machined from HUDY Spring Steel™
- PUR®-reinforced high-efficiency, low-friction, fine-pitch drive belts
- Pulleys molded from super-low friction composite material for extra-long lifespan, pulley covers feature self-cleaning holes
- Complete set of high-speed, blue-sealed ball-bearings, degreased, lightly oiled with Aero Shell Fluid 12™ for maximum drivetrain efficiency
- Graphite side-belt tensioner designed to work with alum frame. Easy belt adjustment, easy removal.
- Superior, robust 2-speed transmission with small & light gears, excellent bottom-end power & acceleration
- Small & lightweight gear carrier, alu drive flange with 1-way bearing
- Small & lightweight gears from well-proven NT1 for fast acceleration and low rotating mass
- Gears from graphite material included in the kit for improved durability of the transmission
- Precision-manufactured, super-smooth lightweight hollow middle layshaft made from tough HUDY Shaft Steel, specially heat treated for extra strength and long life
- High-quality 1-way bearing hand-ground for maximum running precision and strength
- 2-speed spur gear adapter CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 for precision fitment of 1-way bearing, allowing super-precise and wobble-free spur gear installation
- World's most precise spur gears molded from special composite mixture ensures wobble-free running and eliminates run-out
- 2-speed gearbox shoes molded from special composite mixture
- Front super-lightweight one-way axle made from Swiss 7075 T6 alum for super-low rotating mass and low CG
- Rear axle made from HUDY Spring Steel™ with composite lightweight axle pulley
- One-way outdrives manufactured from HUDY Spring Steel™ and specially ground for maximum precision
- Centralized servo saver is ball-raced for super-precise, smooth operation
- Adjustable spring preload tension
- Easily-changed Ackermann positions
- Shock pistons with 2- and 3-hole designs and 1.0/1.1/1.2mm holes, made from special Delrin™ material to ensure extreme roundness and extra-smooth damping
- CNC-machined shock bodies made from Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, externally fine-threaded for precise ride height adjustment
- Low-profile internal membranes for super-smooth, precise damping
- Specially-hardened shock shafts for maximum strength
- XRAY self-developed and manufactured racing springs are hand-selected and tested for maximum precision, equal length, and equal damping characteristics
- Compact front & rear CNC-machined graphite shock towers
- XRAY Premium Silicone Oils are included. Manufactured in Europe by a specialized premium silicone oil manufacturer, each batch of premium oil is laboratory tested and calibrated to ensure the highest possible consistency and quality batch-to-batch. Based on the industry-standard cSt rating.
Body & Wheels
- Optional CNC-machined high-strength graphite aerodynamic disks improve both low & high-speed steering, improve rear traction, and improve stability in high-speed corners.
- Front body posts, CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 alum, additionally lightened for minimal weight.
- Special composited rear body mount features 3 positions for rear upright downforce adjustment.
- Tough composite rear body mount holder allows mounting of all popular racing bodies and meets all EFRA / IFMAR rules.
Assembly & Support
- Premium 3D full-color Instruction Manual is included
- Comprehensive Set-up Book is available online as a free download
- Exclusive Virtual Online Set-up Sheet database with thousands of set-up sheets for race tracks around the world
- Premium, unmatched XRAY online support
- Fully-adjustable front and rear suspension geometry: caster, camber, toe, ride height, droop, wheelbase, track-width, roll centers, axle height, wheel offset
- XRAY Multi-Flex Technology™ allows for quick & easy chassis and radio plate stiffness adjustment
- Adjustable front & rear roll centers
- Adjustable belt tension via bulkhead inserts, side belt tensioner, front middle shaft holder position
- Adjustable HUDY Spring Steel™ turnbuckles (steering, servo, rear upper links)
- Adjustable Ackermann positions
- Front & rear upper and lower shock mounting locations
- Adjustable alu racing shocks
- Adjustable front anti-roll bars, blade or wire type
- Adjustable wire-type rear anti-roll bar
- Adjustable weight balance
All specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Pre-production prototype is shown, final specifications may slightly vary. In some pictures optional parts may be shown. All option parts are not included and must be purchased separately. The color of some aluminum parts may vary from kit to kit and some of the kits may not include all the orange or black parts as shown. Some of the spare parts or option parts may not be available at the moment in the orange or black color as shown.